The Baby Registry Gift Guide
1. Infant car seat – Get the other stuff last but this one first! We had to learn the hard way….We actually bought this THE DAY OF when I got checked in the hospital (early unexpected labor) because the Giggle branch we usually go to didn’t have the color I wanted. (Yes, I am picky!) You can’t leave the hospital without a infant car seat. (rule #1 for new parents!) We chose Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat because it can go into the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller. Recaro infant car seat is the safest and would have bought it even if it didn’t fit the UPPAbaby Stroller but Recaro didn’t have infant car seats 10 years ago.
2. Stroller – The best one is UPPAbaby Vista Stroller. (tried & tested!) It compliments the Chicco KeyFit 30 infant car seat. Our UPPAbaby Stroller survived 2 kids, every poop, every vomit, and all the crumbs that have molded to almost beyond recognition. I never used a grocery shopping cart for years- as this stroller has a humongous storage below it. All the other strollers were just copycats :) I was disappointed when my 2nd baby outgrew our UPPAbaby Stroller. Hello, shopping cart germs!
4. Breastfeeding Accessories – The best breast pump is the Medela breast pump. Pump in style with the Medela pumping solution with Medela portable breast pumps. Don’t forget breast milk storage bottles & bags! Shop more breastfeeding items here.
7. Fitted Crib Mattress Sheets – Buy tons of Crib Mattress Sheets because you will keep changing sheets. I used American Baby crib sheets because of the softness. I see there’s Amazon Basics Crib Sheets now (their bed sheets are awesome!…though I do not see tons of color choices for crib sheets) and the Burt’s Bees crib sheets look luxurious – perfect for the snotty I-will-only-buy-organic Mums :) It’s a best-seller with 5-star reviews! Fitted crib sheets are all you need. Do NOT buy pillows & bumpers. NOT safe!
12. Sleepers – SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper or Baby Delight Bedside Me Bedside Sleeper – for a more comfortable & safer bed-sharing with your newborn. Both Sleepers allow you to bond with your baby at night- soothe, touch or feed your baby – Bedside sleepers are made with
heavy sleepers loving parents in mind.
8. Travel Crib – Graco Pack N’ Play Travel Dome Playard includes portable bassinet, full size bassinet, diaper changer & of course, the playard. This Graco Pack N’ Play Travel Dome Playard is convenient for traveling on-the-go families. Graco Pack N’ Play Travel Dome Playard is another infant to toddler gift.
13. Waterproof Everything! AND I MEAN EVERYTHING!!!!! I bought waterproof pads in different sizes, for different uses, for different locations. Not only will your baby rain on your parade, they will spit, vomit, pee & shit on it too. Just an FYI, babies poop have the soft serve kind- the one that melts in your……
Waterproof Crib Mattress Protection
Waterproof Fitted Pack N Play Playard Protective Mattress Pad Cover
Waterproof Fitted Porta/Mini Crib Protective Mattress Pad Cover
Waterproof Quilted Multi-Use Pad Cover 2 pack
Waterproof Quilted Lap and Burp Pad Cover
Waterproof Quilted Bassinet Fitted Mattress Pad Cover
Waterproof Quilted Playard Changing Table Pads 2 pack
Too expensive for you??? Then put saran wrap on everything! Including your dog and cat’s fur! The Cheerios & Fruity Loops will slide off the fur, but the rest….they will harden on the fur. LOL. Don’t tell me I didn’t warn yah!!!
(rule # 13.999382 – delay on buying anything expensive! hahahaha)
CHANGING STATION MUST-HAVES
14. Changing Table – I used our master bathroom counter top as my changing station, just because our master bath was huge & had like 10′ of wasted countertop. (do some women really need these much space for makeup???!) The poor architectural design became my free marble-top changing table! Baby loved the mirror and I loved that the diaper bin was in the bathroom, and not in the nursery! If you don’t have extra countertop space or have no budget, any dresser/table will do. It’s just the changing tables they sell have this “railing” all around so babies don’t fall off. Made for moms who don’t pay attention :) Shop all changing tables from Amazon Nursery to match your baby crib. My fave design with an affordable price is this Thomasville Southern Dunes Dressing Table. Image at right >
15. Baby Dresser – If you have a huge nursery room and have money to spend, might as well use a double dresser as a changing table. Storage! Choose your a dresser style at Amazon to suit your nursery style. I love the Evolur Double Dresser Collection from Amazon! They come in different designs. (see images below)
Match with a…….
21. Diaper pail – I first used Diaper Trend, (liked it!) if you’re looking for a great diaper pail that uses normal trash bags. But I finally gave in and bought a Playtex Diaper Genie! The Playtex Genie is the ultimate diaper pail machine! The hands-free mechanism is perfect for germophobes! Buying the expensive refills is the worst part but VERY WORTH IT because those bags are magical :) The Playtex Diaper Genie now comes in white & 4 pastel colors. Lucky new moms :)
* START RANT *
Pls do NOT buy the $79 Ubbi. I was an architect & still a designer. I’m all about pretty and these are no doubt the prettiest diaper pail there is- and that’s about it! That is it. I bought the grey one. I didn’t care about the price, as long as it’s pretty! And boy does this pail stink! Literally and figuratively. You have to touch the lid to open it. If you’re a germophobe like me, this is a lot of work to keep us sane. (long story of sanitizing) Odor leaks a little when closed but and it will be wreck havoc once you open the lid. The worst part is- When it’s time to throw the bag- the sharp lid will rip your bag if there are multiple diapers inside. Imagine a bag of poop ripped off????
Someone responded to my review on Amazon- to just throw the bag outside bin after putting 1 or 2 dirty diapers in…..but hello??!!! Why the F*ck am I buying an expensive diaper pail? I might as well buy an expensive normal decorative trash can from The Container Store! LOL ….This made me go back to Playtex Genie! Also, the lid is sharp and toddler can actually open it even when locked (my todder is smart), the interior rusts…… and much more. I HATE everything about it!
Check out all their negative reviews here. The positive reviews baffles me. They probably got a free Ubbi pail to review. LOL
* END RANT *
22. Don’t forget the Playtex Genie Refill Bags.
23. Wipe Warmer – 1 Prince LionHeart Wipe Warmer lasted me 2 babies!
24. Disposable Diapers / Reusable cloth diapers – I used disposable Diapers, of course. Pampers Swaddlers. If you love trees, go right ahead- order cloth diapers here.
25. Baby wipes – Costco wipes are cheaper but Huggies wipes are thicker and better for the poop!
26. WeeBlocks – PeePee Covers, PeePee TeePees, iPeeds, or whatever you call this magnificent Noble-prize-worthy invention! For new mommies with baby boys, these are funny at first, but you will realize this is seriously important………………………You’re welcome……LOL :)
BABY GROOMING & CARE
33. Large tub of Aquaphor Healing Ointment -it’s a moisturizer & great for eczema, w/c most babies have.
34. Baby Health Care & Grooming Gift Set – Safety 1st Baby Healthcare and Grooming Kit. I didn’t really use most of it except for the nail clippers & toothbrush. There really is no need to comb their hair if there is no hair. The cradle cap comb is new so that might be a good one! (I gave birth to a cradle cap BLOB with a baby! hahaha) TIPS: Use the medicine droppers that come free with the pain medicines. Buy a separate baby thermometer as the one in here is a crappy one. Nail files. Why the heck would you file the baby’s nails???? The nose bulb syringe. Get the ones they used on your baby in the hospital. (GET=meaning take it home with you…..and ask for extra :P) It’s the best one and it’s free! (well, not really. You technically paid for it….it was probably $100 on your hospital bill that was paid by your geedy medical insurance company…..hahhaha) Anyway, it’s good to have a couple of things from the gift set and well, it’s cheaper to buy the whole set than buying them individually for $5 each anyway.
My favorite Baby Rocker thingy because it’s fun & lasts for about 2 years or so! My kids loved this- from sleeping, to rocking, to reading or just lounging around! This Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker is a super must-have in your gift registry list. The pink Infant to Toddler Rocker is the newer version & the blue Infant to Toddler Rocker below is the older version. (still available HERE)
39. Deluxe Infant To Toddler Rocker – The Fisher Price Deluxe Infant to Toddler Rocker is the fancier version of the Infant To Toddler Rocker above, with more bells & whistles. All the same except for a few inches bigger/wider, a canopy and it has adjustable seatback with 3-position incline and can be easily folded for storage & travel. Basically, just a grander baby gift than the other.
Tummy Time Essentials
41. Baby Gym Mat – Get the smaller and more affordable 30″x 32″ Fisher-Price Rainforest Music & Lights Gym Mat for the jungle-loving baby or round, modern-ish 36″ Skip Hop Treetop Friends Play Mat. The best one is the 32″x 34″ Fisher-Price Perfect Sense Deluxe Gym Mat. Image below. All are in the $59 range. Check all Baby Gym Mats for all design options.
NURSERY ROOM MUST-HAVES
39. Baby Foam Play Tile Mats – For the parents who want their babies to be able to read by 6 months and graduate college by age 5- Baby ABC Foam tile Play Mats. I just want style. I just want my babies to see dots :) LOL. Pink Polka Dots Foam Tile Mats. (and my babies turned out to be smart, just an FYI :)
39a. Or this awesome option of adding a fence……Baby Play Mat Foam Tiles with Fence…..because everyone deserves to go to the bathroom.
43. Humidifier – Check all Humidifiers at Amazon. Pure Enrichment is Amazon’s Choice. My kids survived without a humidifier but this moistens the air and helps them breathe, as per other moms. ( my kids are still alive, just an FYI! :) ).
44. Baby Monitor – Check all Baby Monitors at Amazon. I survived 2 babies without a baby monitor (you can too!) Well, my original home office was in the baby room and my babies/toddlers/kids went with me everywhere I went. My babies were in the baby bouncer in the bathroom, while I was in the shower! BUT- I would’ve loved to have had a baby monitor during the busiest of days! Infant Optics Video Baby Monitor with night vision is a best-seller!
I got a lot of hand-me-downs from my family and I highly recommend it because babies only wear clothes for about 3 months. After that, it goes to Goodwill or gets handed down again. But if you have tons to spare or not much but want to waste money anyway, shop away :)
45. Layette Gift Set – Give the mom-to-be the essential baby shower gift that includes must-have essentials in every baby’s wardrobe! Includes onesies, bodysuits, sleep n’ plays, mittens, gowns, knit caps, socks, bibs, and burpcloths. Popular brands are Gerber and Carter’s.
46. Onesies – My favorite onesie brand was Gerber. Though Carter’s & Circo (now Cloud Island) had more design choices, Gerber was way cheaper. Gerber‘s fabric was also softer. Take note that Gerber onesies run smaller, so get the next size up. So if you’re buying a size 3-6 mos at Carter’s, you need a 6-9 mos at Gerber.
If you’re going to a Gender Reveal baby shower, best one to give is the bright & white Gerber onesies! Buy the Gerber Newborn 15 Piece Onesies Bundle, in “assorted months” sizes. (to the newbie moms, this means sizes in 3, 6, 9 & 12 months. Before I had kids, I had no idea babies grew so much faster than weed!)
59. BABY ROMPERS. If you or anyone you know is having a girl (or boy :) ), get these baby girl rompers below from Firsts Impressions at Macy’s! Not essential because it is NOT practical. I repeat. NOT essential. BUT very very cute! So buy them!!!! LOL. They don’t make sense because babies’ first few months are sleeping & eating & pooping (say that again 1000 times) and getting hugged so this is probably for Christmas or Easter when all the Aunts & Grammies are drooling over the bassinet, and for those monthly photo sessions. So if you are in a budget, skip this & buy diapers instead. They’re sooo beautiful you might just want to have your own baby girl……feline, human or extraterrestrial hybrid, the choice is totally up to you :)
61. Diaper Bag – Choose your style, shop all Diaper Bags from Amazon. Check out these JJ Cole Diaper Bags. I chose a black patented leather (I splurged!!!!!) because I wanted a diaper bag that didn’t look like a diaper bag (c’mmon, I was single & stylish for years! LOL) & I hate patterns, animals & backpacks. Bottom line is, you need an Xlarge waterproof bag that has tons of pockets! (insulation is a plus). My diaper bag is still alive and now looks like a normal (but shiny!) travel bag for my kids, esp, when we’re pool-bound! I’d say that was my greatest baby purchase! Yes, I’m giving myself a glitter trophy :)
62. Baby Travel Bag – I don’t like travelling with babies, it’s just doing all these yukky no-fun baby stuff- just in a different location! LOL. But if you must…..get the 3 in 1 Scuddles Portable Changing Station-Foldable Baby Bed-Diaper Bag, easy folding perfect for travel!
63. Formula Dispenser – Avent Formula Dispenser. These became snack cups during their toddler years.
64. Baby Bottle Warmer – This Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle Warmer is an Amazon favorite. While this Munchkin Travel Bottle Warmer is a bestseller- great for warming it up fast, charged in the car.
65. Insulated Baby Bottle Bag – Skip Hop Insulated Baby Bottle Bag
66. Baby Car Mirror – Shynerk Baby Car Mirror is perfect for your rear-facing infant
67. Car Seat Protector – Brica Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector by Munchkin is a best-seller!
68. Car Organizer – Backseat Car Organizer & Kick Mat
69. Baby on Board Sign – OK. You are not officially a parent if you do not have this Baby on Board decal hanging on your car window! so have this on your baby gift registry list– Safety 1st “Baby On Board” Sign– It is also an announcement to get as far away as possible from you, if you are a terrible driver :)
69. Portable Changing Station – Skip Hop Portable Diaper Changing Station is a portable changing mat with pockets for diapers & wipes.
70. Portable Changing Mat – Sigzagor Portable Changing Mat is pretty.
71. Travel Wipe Dispenser – OXO Tot On-The-Go Wipes Dispenser
72. Diaper Bag Dispenser – Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Bag Dispenser.
64. Baby Carrier – The Infantino Baby Carrier for the old-school boring-to-the-max design. It’s a best-seller though. Go figure! (maybe designed by a dad, intended for dads???! hahaha) I did use this- well, just because it was a hand-me-down! But I did not use it a lot because it hurt my back. (my babies were giants for some reason! born almost 10 lbs. hahaha) I must admit, this baby carrier looks & feels safer than the baby wrap below, but…..#FashionFirst……I’m kidding of course.
ps- No, that is not me above. I just love this Tuck and Bundle Baby Wrap mommy photo, it needed a huge space of its own! Credit goes to the photographer! (and to the person who edited the photo who used an awesome preset/action BTW!…..who may or may not be the photographer :) ) Pls comment below if it’s you :)
………….BUT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE MUST-NOT-HAVE LIST.
You can almost, just almost, forget about this list :) If you have time to laugh, read on!
………..I told yah! LOL
Pacifiers – When I was single and clueless with babies, I saw my friend’s baby with a pacifier. I thought there was milk in them coz the baby would cry without it. My friends laughed at me. LOL. After that, I hate seeing babies with pacifiers. I think they make babies look ugly so I didn’t use them for my babies. When babies cry, do you give a pacifier or will you hug them? No brainer :) But if you must, many hospitals recommend Philips Avent Soothie Pacifiers. Buy a bunch because these suckers always end up on the floor :)
Baby Keepsakes – Here’s a Baby’s Memory Book. But the best baby keepsakes are taking pictures of them. All. The. Time. Every smile, every dreamy smirk, every laugh, every fart :) I had pictures of their monthly birthdays, complete with cake & balloons! Anyway, that footprint on clay is useless and that 7D image looks like either a baby dreaming on a nightmare on Elm St. or its baby Freddie Kreuger himself.
Emma Rocking Chair by Delta is so chic! Shop all Delta Rocking Chairs! Go for it if you have the money, or the extra corner in your room, or if you are not creeped out looking at a rocking chair rocking on its own at 2am :)
Baby Walkers – I didn’t use walkers because I read about the dangers of it! I used this Baby Walking Harness instead, at age 1. Woops…..I’m lying, I practiced them at age 2. hahaha. You know, once they start walking, your life is practically over!….NO SHIT…..I’m not lying.
Baby Registry Gift Guide also known as Baby registry gift guide, Baby Registry, baby gifts, baby registry gifts, baby gift guide, baby shower gifts, baby shower gift guide, baby shower gift, gift guide for baby, gift guide for babies, gifts for babies, baby registry wish list , baby registry gift list, ultimate baby registry wish list, best baby registry gift guide , best baby Registry, best baby gifts, best baby registry gifts, best baby gift guide, best baby shower gifts, best baby shower gift guide, best baby shower gift, best gift guide for baby, best gift guide for babies, best gifts for babies, best baby registry wish list , best baby registry gift list